Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tongue splitting

So, being out of work now and everything, I've decided to start splitting my tongue. I figured now would be the perfect time, since I don't have to worry about going to work and talking funny, and the Jet City Rollergirls season opening bout isn't until the end of january, so I should be healed up and ready to go by then.

I've been reading up online and decided to do the fishing line method. While most people would chastise me for not going to a professional place to do it, I decided to do it on my own for several reasons. Namely:
1. Even though it will take longer(about a month for the whole split), in my mind it is better doing it that way, where I'm in control.
2. The idea of having someone split my tongue with a scalpel freaks me right the fuck out, and I'm pretty sure that's the way the only place I've found locally does it. This ties into reason 1.
3. It's kind of a pilgrimage of sorts. From what I've read, it's extremely painful doing it with fishing line(cutting my tongue in half with fishing line HURTS?! Who would have thought!).

I've also decided to document the journey, so check back here for updates! I'll try to keep up with taking pictures and stuff too. I'll probably be grabbing the fishing line and other stuff I need(like mouth wash to keep it clean) tomorrow, and then I'll probably start on thursday or friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment