Monday, December 27, 2010

Tongue splitting diary, Day 18

The split is ever growing. I keep thinking it isn't working, or I'm not binding it tight enough, and then I look at it and I'm amazed at the progress! I can open the tip a bit, and the split is visible all the way down my tongue.
It looks a bit crooked, but it's not in real life.

There's still some white matter on the inside of my tongue that looks like scar tissue, though. Hopefully that goes away soon.

A better pic of the split and how deep it's getting, plus you can see the white stuff.

For some reason it's been easier to talk and eat lately too, however the eating involves terrible table matters on my part. I have to cut my food into little pieces and shoving it back onto my molars. It isn't pretty, but I've been enjoying eating solids again.

So I'm estimating it's about 60% done. I think it'll take another week and a half. We'll see how accurate that estimate is!

No comments:

Post a Comment